- Visit your elders! Visit your parents and grandparents and let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Connect with those you cannot visit in person. Write a letter, send a message, or call an elderly person who has made an impact on your life.
- Take an elderly member of your community to lunch, or take lunch to them. Engage in conversation about their life and their experiences.
- Consider an act of kindness. Open a door, offer your seat, volunteer to carry groceries, or take flowers to an elderly member of your community.
- Volunteer at a local hospice like Hospice of North Alabama, or at a senior center, nursing home, or assisted living facility. This can include one-on-one fellowship, offering up time to read aloud or work on a puzzle, leading a craft or activity, or sharing a talent such as singing or dancing.
All Rights Reserved